Job Description / Responsibility
- Conduct walk-through and visually assess the safe and efficient maintenance and operation of the physical structure(s) of the hotel, all mechanical, electrical and any other related equipment.
- Verify completion of all routine maintenance on public spaces, meeting rooms, ballrooms, outlets, back of the house spaces, and grounds. Verify completion of all repairs, replacement, and renovation projects to offices and employee work areas.
- Assist in hiring, training, supervising, and disciplining department staff and all other staff under direction of the Engineering Department, such as painters, upholsterers, and groundskeepers.
- Adhere to all corporate required purchasing policies and controls, including, but not limited to, all outside contractor bids, budgets, and schedules. Follow prescribed safety procedures for personnel and equipment by the company.
- Maintain effective Energy Management and Preventive Maintenance programs and conduct special training for other operating departments on the safe and efficient use of equipment andenergy in the hotel.
- Inform the supervisor on a regular basis regarding the specific and overall condition of the building structure(s), related systems, and equipment offering prudent, cost effective proposals for maintaining these systems. Access and input information into a computer and generate reports.
- In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing , each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the hotel:
- Supervise necessary repairs and maintenance throughout the hotel. Assign department employees to make electrical, carpentry, plumbing, plastering, painting, locksmith and other mechanical installations and repairs.
- Prepare technical data, bidding, project work, alterations and repairs for properties. Must have basic knowledge of building codes.
- Actively train in fire prevention, environmental health and safety, and engineering systems. Attend all meetings regarding hotel operations: department, fire, safety, health, quality improvement.
- Oversee daily and weekly payrolls. Prepare departmental manpower schedules.
- High school/equivalent education and Diploma in Engineering is required.
- Bachelors Degree Engineering is preferred.
- 3 to 5 year(s)
- Ability to obtain and/or maintain any government required licenses, certificates or permits.
- The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must have thorough knowledge of all types of mechanical equipment such as chillers, boilers, water softeners, and refrigeration equipment.
- Must have thorough knowledge of plumbing and electrical systems, maintenance of records of power, water and fuel consumption.
- Must have experience in office procedures, ordering materials, securing bids, city codes and other applicable building laws, building construction, blueprint reading, etc.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- As per company policy
- Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting
If you think you are the right person and ready to take the challenges, then you are requested to submit your application through online to Human Resources Department, The Westin Dhaka, Main Gulshan Avenue, Plot 1, CWN (B), Road 45, Plot 1, Gulshan 2, Dhaka no later than December 15, 2016.
Applicant must enclose his/her Photograph with CV.
Application Deadline: Dec 15, 2016
Road 45, Plot 1, Gulshan 2, Dhaka, Bangladesh
Web : www.westin.com/dhaka
Business: Five Star Hotel